Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Home, Home, Let me go.....

Someone recently asked me where is Home for you ? 
I paused and asked Michael, "Where is Home?" He said to quote the magnetic zeros " Home is where ever I'm with you." As we prepare for the farthest move we have ever made, I wonder if any place will ever feel like home for us?
 There is one place that as a family we will always have.... nana and papas (my mom and dads place). At their house very little ever changes or, if change comes it comes slowly. This is a very comforting thought as we prepare to change everything we know. There the garden grows and dies away and comes back again. At their house the crickets are always chirping, the horses are always in the field, and the pond is the best place on earth to swim if you are under 18. I grew up jumping of the deck with friends and now my kids are doing cannon balls into the same murky water.  It is a magical place where time seems to stand still. We will miss it, but we know it will always be there when we return because its....Home
The swing



The garden


Ready Set....                                                                            
GO!
       
The pony Santa brought me when I was 5... the beloved Snowy... possibly a UNICORN

The road "Home"

2 comments:

June Bugs said...

Love these!

Unknown said...

Awwww! Saw your Mom the other day, she was telling me about you guys moving. :)