Friday, May 24, 2013

Cultural Training

     We attended cultural training as a family this week and after 5 months of living here I guess it's better late than never. Although I think our original trial by fire integration was pretty affective. The kids had their own special training and were a little weary of it at first but to the teachers credit by the end of the day they did not want to leave! and she had them alone for 8 hours. They took a field trip into town and found different German symbols and then gave everyone a presentation of what they learned (very proud.) The teacher told us they were so well adjusted they didn't even seem to care they were in a foreign country.

    What did I learn ..... well I learned that it has been a very very long time since I had to pay attention for that long! I left with a crazy headache and no desire to enter the working world. We began by drawing a picture of what kind of animal we would be. Care to take a guess what each member in our family chose?

Elijah = Lizard ...No surprise there
Stella = and I quote... "a fuzzy monkey with a pink bowtie"
Oliver = Penguin ....he has always wanted to become a penguin when he grows up, I am not sure he understood the question.
Michael = Alligator
Me= House Cat

 I also learned that according to the presenters Germans and Americans can be summed up in fruit..........
Germans are coconuts (hard to crack)
Americans are Peaches thin skin and really sweet........ hah who knew.
I also learned that my husband has a hard job that I do not envy at all.........
 
He was very professional
 

No comments: