Friday, May 31, 2013

Recent Acquisitions

On one of our recent trips to Holland we picked up a pair of wooden shoes... why not! I remember wanting a pair when I came to the Netherlands as a teenager and I also remember them being to expensive. This pair was only about 16.00 euros so now they are mine purely for decorative purposes I don't plan on wearing them around the house or anything.

 



We celebrated 12 years of marriage on Sunday and as a gift we got each other a set of German knives ( although Michael claims only I wanted them.) They are amazing, apparently I have been using incredibly dull knives for years and hacking my way through everything. I may accidentally chop my fingers off as I am so unfamiliar with a sharp blade.
 
 
 
and last.. as we were coming home from Koln yesterday I saw a basket sale on the corner in our town. So I jumped on my bike and road down to see what they had. They were packing up and the guy said he would give me a deal .... he actually said in broken English cheap and gave me the thumbs up sign. He also gave me directions on how to care for it that I did not understand. Oh well this is the one I picked and the kids now call it the baby Mosses basket.

No comments: