Thursday, February 7, 2013

Biscuits and Gravy







The other night I was suddenly hungry for biscuits and gravy like my Grandma makes. So I made the family a meatloaf and took a little hamburger meat to make white gravy. My grandma always makes delicious drop biscuits so I thought I would make those too. My gravy was no where as good as hers but these biscuits were amazing!! Buttery, Light, Tasty.... really good, so good the table got in a fight over who got the most and got the last. I made them again today for lunch. I will have to work on my gravy but these simple biscuits are a keeper.


  • 2  cups  all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
  • 1/2  cup  (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
  • 1  tablespoon  baking powder
  • 1  teaspoon  kosher salt
  • 1  cup  whole milk


  1. Heat oven to 400° F. combine the flour, butter, baking powder, and salt together until well blended with pastry knife then add I cup milk and mix well.
  2. Drop 6 large mounds of the dough (about ½ cup each) onto a baking sheet. Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.








No comments: