Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bible Study

Well I traveled across the ocean to a foreign land and what do I get .... a bible study from Texas!
It is a running joke that every womens bible study is from Beth Moore and that proved to be true even in Germany. Somethings I guess you just can't escape...
  The study officially kicks off here this week but last week at the meeting the leader shared a poem by Beth Moore that I really needed to hear it changed my outlook for the day and for the week and I will continue to reread it whenever I am feeling that weight the world can sometimes lay on your shoulders I thought it was worth sharing, true for everyone.....
 
 Has someone seen the life I planned
 it seems to be misplaced.
 I've looked in every corner
 it's lost without a trace.
I've found one I don't recognize
 things missing that were dear
 promises I'd hoped to keep
 and dreams I dreamed aren't here.
faces I had planned to see
 hands I planned to hold
now absent In the pictures
 not the way I told.
has someone seen the life I planned?
did it get thrown away?
God took my hand from searching
then I heard Him say,
"child, your ears have never heard
your eyes have never seen
 eternal plans I have for you
are more than you could dream.
you long to walk by sight
but I'm teaching eye to see.
I know what I am doing
til then, you must believe"
He's done so much, I felt ashamed
to know He heard my moans
 to think I'd trade in all He's done
 for plans made on my own.
I wept over His faithfulness
and how He'd proved Himself
how He'd gone beyond my dreams
 and said to Him myself,
"no, my ears have never heard
my eyes have never seen
 eternal plans You have for me
 are more than I could dream.
yes, I long to walk by sight
but You're teaching eyes to see
 You know what you are doing
 til then, I must believe."
I felt his great compassion
 mercy unrestrained
 He let me mourn my losses
and showed to me my gains.
I offered Him my future
and released to Him my past
 I traded in my dreams
for a plan He said would last.
I get no glimpse ahead
no certainties at all
except the presence of the one
 who will not let me fall.
are you also searching
 for a life you planned yourself?
have you looked in every corner?
have you checked on every shelf?
child your ears have never heard
your eyes have never seen
eternal plans He has for you
are more than you could dream.
perhaps you long to walk by faith
 but He's teaching eyes to see
 He knows what He is dong
........child, step out and believe.

2 comments:

Mister Jason said...

Beautiful!! Keep your focus and be in the moment, there, in Germany! I am praying for you today or yesterday or whenever it is there. I can't wait till we can figure it out and be able to talk a bit!! Love you and give everyone kisses!! Even Mike!! (wink wink)

Mister Jason said...

Oh this is Jess not Jason...I don't have a google account yet