Thursday, January 10, 2013

Three Brits and One American

Every day from 8:40 to half past nine the school opens the cafeteria and serves specialty coffees to any parents that wish to stay and talk. Today I had to stay anyway to get my security badge, so I decided to check it out.
    Much like high school (which never really ends) the tables were separated into little groups. The only difference being that these were not the artists, jocks, and cheerleaders. These groups were separated into regions. So I sat down my bag and stood in the coffee line trying to decide where it was that I belonged. Clearly not in the Asian group as I can not speak Japanese, not with the French women whom not only spoke French but were also very tall. I had finally decided on a group that looked about right and then they broke out of English and into a flurry of German. Then there were three ladies that looked very friendly and I thought I could understand. I got my coffee and asked if I may join them. They all looked up and kindly answered in a..... British accent, "of course."
   At first I felt as if I had broken the rules by sitting outside my designated region, but the women were all very friendly. They had all lived here many years and told me how the weather was much better than in England.
     It is the united nations sitting in one cafeteria, each table representing their country. Next time perhaps I should look for my table.... Texas.
(kidding.... that was for Christy)

3 comments:

Christy said...

A Texas table would be awesome!

June Bugs said...

It would have to be the biggest one!

approvedformailing said...

God Bless Texas :)