Thursday, January 24, 2013

Our Dirty little Habit................ Recycling

     In Texas we enjoyed the extreme luxury of not one but two gigantic trash cans. I can not say at the time I fully relished what I had. Not only were the trash cans gigantic but... you could place anything you wanted into the bins! I'm not saying it was good that you could dump batteries, food, and paint all into one container but we did... and it was easy!
    Upon our arrival here the company ambassador proceeded to give us a 10 page pamphlet on how to recycle. It came with this handy chart to help those of us from Texas whom take our large trash cans for granted. I could fit the contents of all four trash cans here into one back home... sigh.
     So we began to sort our garbage, plastic here, food cooked/uncooked there, paper, plastic blah blah blah. However, we have one major problem the house we moved into is missing some of the color coded trash bins. So at the moment our garbage is starting to really stack up and I'm running out of room.  The kitchen is beginning to look like one large garbage pile which fondly reminds me of a poem by Shell Silverstein  Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout who would not take the garbage out. Well I am not Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout and I would very much like to take my garbage out!
    Until we receive our tiny cans I will continue to sort even though I'm more than sure I'm doing it all wrong and will shortly be issued some sort of fine. Enjoy your over sized, non sorted trash cans and think of us as we try to determine weather a candy wrapper is paper or plastic.. or is it paper with a plastic coating?

Just of few of the bags

Handy Guide

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like that Exercise books are on the list of things to be recycled.